Water Pumps are a fundamental need for everyone. Be it for your car or home, you need to install it for your daily requirements. Water helps our everyday households, health needs and even keeps some material safe such as a car’s engine. And the elemental force of nature is used by a water pump to transfer water from one location to another.
That is how generally every pump functions. However, in this article, we would talk about a pump installation for your household requirements.There is a variety of water pumps for a house. There is Jet Pumps or Shallow Well Pumps that you can install in your home.
But the submersible pumps are the well-known ones. It is best to install a submersible pump in your house if you have a well nearby.
Water pump Car
Now you may ask how is a pump helpful to your car or even household. Well, not exactly the car needs it, but it’s the engine. You can travel around in your car for a couple of miles, but that keeps heating the car’s engine, leading the engine to explode.That is why a pump is needed to help the optimal temperature.
It helps to transfer coolant through the engine back and forth to ensure it doesn’t get overheated. These car water pumps can get damaged with times, and that calls for a new pump installation.
The Submersible Pumps
A submersible water pump is cylindrical and can go deep down into the soil for up to four to five feet. You can choose a 1/2 hp or 3/4 hp sizes pump for your household. These long, thin, submersible pumps can push water up from the very bottom and transfer it into the pressure tanks. It needs a 1″ or one and a 1/4″ diameter of pipes to transfer aqua from the motor to the pressure tanks.
These submersible pumps are usually needed to keep your household in the best condition. Its performance is so good that you don’t even need to prime it. More often, people tend to get confused between a submersible pump and a submersible sump pump. But these two pumps operate differently.
The submersible water pumps usually work to deliver the pressurised water to your home, whereas the submersible sump pump works to keep the basement dry. A submersible water pump’s price range is slightly higher than the other ones because of its performance. But you can install it for your home for a long-lasting service.
how to install a water pump
Installing a submersible pump is not an easy task. But if you know some general techniques and have the required tools available, you can perform the task yourself. To begin the installation process, you need a few tools and scrutinise the well.
The pump’s metal casing, A pitless adaptor, grease, and a galvanised steel pipe are required tools to complete this whole process. Here are a few guidelines to help you install a deep well pump on your own.
Install A Water Well Pump
Have a pump control box with the same rating as the pump’s horsepower.
- Check the well in-depth to ensure there are no external damages. Remember to inspect the supplied components as well. Look for any configuration lack and fitting problems. Attach the drop cable of the pump to the motor and check if it works well.
- Connect the drop cables to the motor leads. To create a watertight connection, you can use a black poly-ethylene pipe and make a splice for the drop cable. Avoid using a screw clamp as it can’t work well on the black poly. However, you can buy some commercial kits to make a waterproof splice.
- After assembling the pump lay it beside the water well.
- Make sure the fittings are tight enough and the pump assembly isn’t overweight. If that’s too heavy to handle, then you may use a car wheel instead. Inspect the cables for a secure connection. There should be no room for unexpected accidents.
- Use pliers and bolts to tighten the pump fitting.
- Look for any leaks, especially around the joint areas.
- Use the special wires made for the submersible pumps to transfer water from the well to pressure tanks.
- Try to follow these steps while installing the pump. This simple guideline can reduce risks factor in the installation as well as ensure safety.
If you are a homeowner, you understand the necessity of installing a water pump. It is best to complete the task sooner than later because it provides efficient water suppliance to your house. It helps in the regular water supply to the whole area as well.
Some qualified plumbers install pumps in the local area. But if you were to hire them, you’d still have to pay their labour fees. Therefore, you can save up that money and learn to install the pump by yourself. These simple techniques and tools can make things easier for you to perform the task.
Try learning about the water pump installation process and practice a few times with homemade kits. Some pumps may need electricity to operate, so be careful to learn about the plug installation process. However, electric water pumps are not always required for your household chores.